• Română
  • English
  • Deutsch
  • Magyar

12. FRANCISCAN CHURCH within the Fortress of Arad

The church within the fortress of Arad was built in its first shape by the Franciscan monks of “the Order of St. Francis of Assisi” in 1705; later on, the fortress would be constructed around this church. The last four monks dedicated to Saint John of Capistrano lived inside the monastery until 1861, when it became exclusively a military hospital.

Although for the time being, the church, as well as the town fortress, are not accessible to the public, they can be “visited” through the film made here in 1975.



 

Archive listings

  • April 2013
  • News Archive

  • April 2013
  • Events archive

  • April 2013
  • Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Google Plus
    MBM Software - Romanian software outsourcing company -- Consultatie Online IntreabaExpertul.ro